- Hits: 3827
Vacancies for Attorneys-at-Law on Fixed-Term Contract at the Attorney General’s Department
Applications are invited from Sri Lankan citizens who possess the qualifications below, to work as Attorney-at-Laws on fixed-term contract at the Attorney General’s Department, under the Project on Strengthening Enforcement of the Law, Access to Justice & Social Integration implemented by the Ministry of Justice and supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
01. Required qualifications
· Attorney-at-Law of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka
· No conviction on any criminal charge under the laws of Sri Lanka
Experience in criminal law and working knowledge of the English language will be added advantages
02. Conditions and nature of employment
· The contract period is 01st June 2015 - 31st May 2016.
· The work involves studying files on criminal investigations, prosecutions, and public complaints, and reporting to the relevant supervising officer. No appearance in court is required.
· Rs.30,000/- per month
· No other benefits
04. Method of applications:
· Applications should be addressed to the Deputy Solicitor General (Administration), Attorney General’s Department, P.O. Box 502, Colombo 12 and sent under registered cover to be received at the Department on or before 25th May 2015. Applications received after the closing date will be rejected.
· The top left-hand corner of the envelope should carry the words "Post of Attorney-at-Law (UNDP Project)"